Communities can be added to your website just like any WordPress Post or Page.
Note: If you don't see the Sidebar in the Editor, you will need to first click on the Settings Icon.
In the WordPress dashboard, click on Communities > Add New.
- 1 - a Title
- 2 - add block content in the editor (or paste content from Word or Google Docs)
- 3 - add a Featured Image
- 4 - Click the Publish button twice.
Add Community Types Taxonomy to Community
To add the Community Types to each Community:
- Go to Communities > All Communities.
- Hover over a community.
- Click Quick Edit.
- Under Community Type, check those that apply to the community.
- Click the blue Update button.
Create Community Types Taxonomy
You can add Community Types taxonomy too.
In the WordPress dashboard, click on Communities > Community Type.
- Add a communities type name.
- You can leave the slug and the description blank, if you like.
- Click on the Add New Community Type button at the bottom.
- Next, click on the taxonomy, you just created.
Now you can fill in the Community Type Archive Settings section, and add an Archive Headline and Archive Intro Text. Those will appear on the taxonomy archive pages.
Featured Communities Widget
There is a also a widget to add the Communities to any widget area; the demo adds the widget to Front Page 5 Widget Area. You can add this widget to the After Entry area too.