Home Page General
Go to Pages > All Pages > Homepage. Click to Edit it.
- Look at the WordPress Settings – click the Gear icon – in the upper right.
- Click Document (not Block) just below the Gear icon.
- Near the bottom is Page Attributes and Template. The template selected should already be “No Sidebar Wide.”
- This template is best to use when you want to use a full-width cover block at the top of a page.
- You can choose a different template, but then you would want to change the Genesis Settings to:
Hide Title and Hide Featured Image and Layout: Full Width Content.
Note that if you lose the Cover Block and Search Bar, you can add it from the Block Patterns:
- Cover Image – Text – IDX Broker Search
To edit the Cover Block
Cover Block image sizes should be at least 1600px wide; we use 2880px wide in the demo site, so that it looks well on all screens.
- Review the WordPress tutorial for Cover Block.
- Click on the large image. You will see the block settings as below.
- At the top:
- Click Replace – choose your own image.
- Full Width Alignment
- Text position using the 9 dots icon.
- On the right sidebar (choose Block, not Document):
- Other settings : Color overlay to help your text stand out, if needed.
Inside the Cover Block
- Heading Block
- Paragraph Block
- Buttons Block (Buttons currently does not have a tutorial, but is similar to Button.)
- Spacer Block to help position text.
- Choose Align Center
- Add 1 Button. Change the Text and Link on the button
Click the Update button on the right when finished.