Home Page General
Go to Pages > All Pages > Homepage. Click to Edit it.
- Look at the WordPress Settings – click the Gear icon – in the upper right.
- Click Document (not Block) just below the Gear icon.
- Near the bottom is Page Attributes and Template. The template selected should already be “No Sidebar Wide.”
- This template is best to use when you want to use a full-width content on a page, but you can choose other templates, if you like.
To edit the Cover Block
Note that if you lose the Cover Block and Search Bar, you can add it from the Block Patterns:
- Cover Image – Text – IDX Broker Search
Cover Block image sizes should be at least 1600px wide; we use 2880px wide in the demo site, so that it looks well on large screens.
- Review the WordPress tutorial for Cover Block.
- Click on the large image. You will see the block settings as below.
- At the top:
- Click Replace – choose your own image.
- Full Width Alignment
- Text position using the 9 dots icon.
- On the right sidebar (choose Block, not Document):
- Other settings : Color overlay to help your text stand out, if needed.
Inside the Cover Block
- Heading Block
- Paragraph Block
- Buttons Block (Buttons currently does not have a tutorial, but is similar to Button.)
- Spacer Block to help position text.
- Choose Align Center
- Add 1 Button. Change the Text and Link on the button
Click the Update button on the right when finished.