Home Page General
Go to Pages > All Pages > Homepage. Click to Edit it.
- Look at the WordPress Settings – click the Gear icon – in the upper right.
- Click Document (not Block) just below the Gear icon.
- Near the bottom is Page Attributes and Template. The template selected should already be “No Sidebar Wide.”
- This template is best to use when you want to use a full-width content on a page, but you can choose other templates, if you like.
To Edit the Neighborhoods Section
Note that if you lose the Agent section, you can add it from the Block Patterns:
The Neighborhoods (Communities) are inside a Group Block. (Review WordPress Blocks, but there is no tutorial on Group Block yet.)
Group Block Settings:
- At the top:
- Alignment is Wide Width
Inside the Group Block, add:
- Heading Block - H2, Align text center
- Paragraph Block - Align text center
- Spacer Block - 50px
- Shortcode Block
The shortcode block uses the Display Posts plugin. This plugin allows for flexibility to display your communities or neighborhoods.
This is the shortcode, if needed.
[display-posts image_size="square-image" post_type="wap-community" wrapper="div" wrapper_class="display-posts community grid" posts_per_page="6" ]
Add this between the brackets to show the 6 most recent communities:
- display posts - calls the plugin
- post_type="wap-community" (identifies that you want communities)
- wrapper="div" wrapper_class="display-posts community grid" (needed for styling the grid of communities)
- posts_per_page="6" (number of communities you want to show)