Home Page General
Go to Pages > All Pages > Homepage. Click to Edit it.
- Look at the WordPress Settings – click the Gear icon – in the upper right.
- Click Document (not Block) just below the Gear icon.
- Near the bottom is Page Attributes and Template. The template selected should already be “No Sidebar Wide.”
- This template is best to use when you want to use a full-width cover block at the top of a page.
- You can choose a different template, but then you would want to change the Genesis Settings to:
Hide Title and Hide Featured Image and Layout: Full Width Content.
Note that if you lose the Agent section, you can add it from the Block Patterns:
To Edit the Neighborhoods Section
The Features is inside a Group Block. (Review WordPress Blocks, but there is no tutorial on Group Block yet.)
Group Block Settings:
- At the top:
- Alignment is Wide Width
Inside the Group Block, add:
- Heading Block – H2, Align text center
- Paragraph Block – Align text center
- Spacer Block – 50px
- Shortcode Block
The shortcode block uses the Display Posts plugin. This plugin allows for flexibility to display your communities or neighborhoods.
Add this between the brackets to show the 6 most recent communities:
- display posts – calls the plugin
- post_type=”wap-community” (identifies that you want communities)
- wrapper=”div” wrapper_class=”display-posts community grid” (needed for styling the grid of communities)
- posts_per_page=”6″ (number of communities you want to show)
To show specific communities by ID, add a comma-separated list of 6 IDs:
- id=”9, 10, 11, 13, 17, 22″
To get the IDs for your Neighborhoods, add the plugin Show IDs by 99 Robots
This plugin adds an additional – ID – column to the Communities > All Communities screen.
Blocks After the Neighborhoods Section
Click the Update button on the right when finished.